Center for industry collaboration (CIC):
Center for industry collaboration (CIC) had a unique and novel scheme of Industrial Associateship Scheme (IAS) wherein, we enroll small, medium, large scale industries, R&D and Educational institutions with the main aim to carry our industrial / institution combined activities. Presently, there are 150 Members from Industries, Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics and R & D Institutions. Various interactive Programs are conducted every year for the benefit of the member-institutions. Programs for promoting Industry-Institute interactions, Regional Get-togethers of industries, Government-funding agencies, R & D and Educational institutions, etc., are organized at regular intervals for cross pollination of industrial / academic ideas.
Industrial training has been made mandatory for all Under-Graduate Branches. This gives wide exposure about the various functions of the Industries prior to the completion of their studies. CIC with assistance and coordination of various industries and departments is arranging Internship training to students of KLR institutions, for Industrial exposure and comparative awareness of the state-of-art of the Industrial climate.
On-Going Activities of the C.I.C:
- Conducting Programs to improve technical presentation, assertiveness, developing leadership attributes and enhancing the level of internal motivation of the students.
- Conducting orientation programs on Industrial Expectations for the benefit of Placement and Training Officers.
- Conducting Seminars, Symposia and Workshops on current topics of national interest to Industrial Personnel.
- Interacting with various Industrial Personnel and consolidating the Industrial demand / expectations for the benefit of the students.
- Developed different Monographs and Modules to suit the needs of the industries.
- Co-coordinating Industrial Consultancy / Testing / Research in collaboration with University Departments.
- Career Guidance and Counseling for U.G. and P.G. Students